Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day was fantastic! Alexa and Brian came down from Seattle for the weekend to explore our new house. We made the world's biggest cheese fondue...Alexa and I both maintain that you can never have too much cheese, but our dairy hangovers in the morning should have clued us in to the fact that yes, you can. Despite the melted mesclun of bleu, jack, gruyere, romano and fontina in our stomachs (just typing that made my tummy hurt a little bit), we powered through and ate a chocolate fondue as well. Weeks later now, my selective amnesia has already kicked in and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Sunday morning Andy dressed Alton all snazzy-like and made PINK chocolate chip pancakes topped with strawberries for us all. Alton got me flowers, a knitting book I wanted and some yarn. Now if he could just help me find the time to knit....

No comments: