The following is the birthday email I received from my brother KC this morning. Enjoy...I sure did!
Happy Birthday Katie!
You're 28 today, and while you can already legally vote, drink and drive (although not all at once) there's one thing I bet you didn't know about turning 28. It is officially impossible for you to join the 27 Club. The 27 Club, as you may well know, is a group of famous people who died at age 27. It's something of a curse, let's congratulate your reaching 28 while we examine the life and times of the 27 Club.
Brian Jones was a founder and lead guitarist of the Rolling Stones. He died July 3, 1969 after drowning in a swimming pool.
Wow, all I can say is that I'm super glad you know how to swim. I mean, I know you're really embarrassed about the baby dinosaur picture (Katie note: at some point we will have to upload said picture...I am about one, in a pool, very VERY pink and fat) and kind of wish I hadn't put it up on facebook, myspace, and careerbuilder.com, but seriously, no drowning for you. Uh uh.
Jimi Hendrix was a pioneer of the electric guitar as well as a singer-song writer. He died September 18, 1970 and asphyxiating in vomit after the consumption of a large number of sleeping pills.
Yeah, that's right, you never have to hear, "way to drown in your barf, Katie!" Which I'm sure would be really annoying. You know, if you weren't dead already or whatever.
Janis Joplin performed the lead vocals and wrote songs for Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Kozmic Blues Band and Full Tilt Boogie Band. She died October 4, 1970 of a heroin overdose.
Have I mentioned how glad I am you never did heroin? You also never wrote Me and Bobby McGee, which I think is a major feather in your cap!
Jim Morrison was the lead singer and songwriter for the popular band the Doors. He died July 3, 1971 and while the official cause of death listed as "heart failure", as no autopsy was performed, the actual cause remains mysterious.
I haven't said it and you never will ever hear me say "That girl needs to do more peyote." I like you just the way you are Katie. I mean, people are strange, and they'll often do drugs when they're trying to break on through to the other side. But really, they're just not doing themselves any good. I mean, who really wants some L.A. woman running around saying "hello, I love you" to everyone she meets? At a certain point some cracked out chick on X telling you to "love her two times" and screaming "touch me" while she's waiting for the sun is just going to be weird, right? Alabama Song.
Kurt Cobain was the lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter for Nirvana. He died around April 5, 1994 of a shotgun blast to the head.
I think I speak for baby Alton when I say, "Uhreeeeeeee, uwehhh, uwehhhhhh, guh guh guh, muuuh, muuuh" and I couldn't agree with his sentiments more.
Happy Birthday from your crazy brother,
KC
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment