Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh, the shame.

I am somewhat ashamed (well, I'll say I feel a bit sheepish) to admit that I got majorly scammed today. We got a call two nights ago from our local Petco, where we have occasionally taken Minerva to be bathed, saying that they had a photographer coming in on Thursday, and did we want to sign up for a free sitting and 5x7 for Minerva? I didn't say no right away, that was my first problem. I waited until Andy got home and conferred with him, and he was on board with getting doggy portraits right away because he is such a softie where the puppybaby is concerned. He even suggested that she get a new collar for the occasion (she needed one anyway, but Andy mentioned that we could get one that's purple--maybe we have purple on the brain?). In making our portrait appointment, they happened to remark that someone could join Minerva in the pictures during the sitting. So I'd like to say that I had no intention of doing anything other than collecting my freebie and leaving when I drove over to Petco today. I'd like to say that the photographer saw me coming from a mile away with his suggestion that the baby get in the shot with the dog...except that I specifically changed Alton's clothes and combed his hair before we left the house for our appointment. There's no turning back now.
So I guess you know by now that I succumbed and actually bought pictures and you've scrolled down to see the shots of Minerva and Minerva/Alton. I will not advertise my colossal sucker-hood by telling you how much the two extra 5x7s of dog and baby cost us, but suffice it to say that although it was probably too much, it could not be nearly as much as was spent by the woman ahead of me, who spent an inordinate amount of time perusing the packages printed on canvas. She was spectacularly outfitted in a mint green rayon pantsuit with huge ruffly collar, big costume pearls, and short wavy auburn hair...exactly the same shade as her miniature poodle's. I know they say that people start to look like their pets, but I think that one of those two gals gave Mother Nature a little help. Have a great weekend! (Click on the picture to see it full-size; the speckles on the picture are from our scanner.)

3 comments:

Andy said...

I thought of the purple before the wall. She needed a new one and the last girly collar we got was pink and got dirty too quickly.

Cari said...

Did you ask him to say please? Ha ha. They're adorable!

papacar9 said...

I can't decide whether the look in 'Nerv's eyes is "devoted loyalty" or "thinking of killing the family tonight."