This is a video of Alton reading his book, The Goodnight Train. It is one of the three books we read at night time. This one is the one he reads all by himself. He knows it quite well, so I thought I'd record him reading it. He's reading a little faster than normal because he knows I'm filming him (and you'll notice his quick glances to the camera, too). This video is actually posted to YouTube because of its length (just under 3 minutes). He's reading pretty quietly, so you may need to turn up the volume (he doesn't start talking until 8 seconds in). Below the video, I've typed up the words to the book so you can follow along.
The Goodnight Train
The Goodnight Train gets set to roll.
It's being shined and filled with coal.
Wash the cars off with a hose.
Scrub the engine's dirty nose. (Scrub-a-dub! Scrub-a-dub! Toot! Toot!)
All aboard! The sun is down.
The Goodnight Train is leaving town.
Find your sleepers! Grab your teddy.
Climb right up! Your bed is ready!
"All tucked in," the porter cries.
"Pillows fluffed. Now close your eyes." (Whooooooo! Whooooooooo!)
Wheels are turning. Smoke drifts high,
painting clouds up in the sky. (Huff-a-puff-a! Huff-a-puff-a! Choooooo! Chooooo!)
Slumber, lumber up the hill.
Cars climb slowly up until...
Roll the corner, rock the curve.
Blankets bounce with every swerve. (Rock-a, rock-a, rock-a, rock-a-Shhhhhhhhhh! Shhhhhhhh!)
Fly through a tunnel black as ink -
in and out before you blink.
Dreamland: 20 winks ahead.
Catch that freight train whizzing past!
The Goodnight Train is moving fast! (Choooooooo! Choooooooo!)
Cars sway on the wooden track.
Wheels go click. Wheels go clack.
Glide across a plain so flat.
Gently toss this way and that. (Clickety-clack! Clickety-clack! Clickety-clack!)
Curl through farms of fuzzy sheep.
The sleepy train slows to a creep.
Pushing toward the station's light,
cars crawl on with all their might. (Chug...chug...chug!)
"Sweet dreams ahead," the porter sighs.
The tired train can close its eyes.
(Alton points out some of the characters in the picture.)
Home at last, tucked in and snug,
the engine snores its final "Chug!" (Hush-a, hush-a, hush-a, hush-a- Sleeeeeeep!)
Good night, train.
Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think bought him that book!
I love it! So cute!
I think that is the cutest thing ever!!!!
I love the fact that he can't turn the pages fast enough and that his toes never stop wiggling, as though they are helping him to keep up.
Post a Comment