On Saturday we took advantage of what was supposed to be one of the last clear nights for awhile and went to the Portland Zoo to see "Zoo Lights," the nighttime presentation of Christmas lights at the zoo. We bundled up warmly and went right when they opened to try to avoid some of the crowds, found our friends and off we went! Many of the animal cages were closed or off-limits at night, but a few were open (I guess those are the animals that can handle crazy psychedelic lights and bright camera flashes in the evenings?), including the baby elephant and the tigers who were apparently eating something...reddish. The happy family cozy 'n warm, all sporting knitted caps by Katie! An avenue of lit-up trees. The zoo train Frosty cold *B, party of one More cool zoo lights! This one's a peacock
BY SOMETHING "REDDISH" YOU DON'T SUPPOSE IT WAS HO-HO-YOU-KNOW-WHO? THE LIGHT SHOW LOOKS LIKE IT WAS WORTH ENDURING THE COLD. I WANT AN ORIGINAL FUZZY KNIT HAT BY KT.
Because you're mine...I Walk the Rhyne. In January 2008, we had our beautiful son Alton. Then in February, we moved to Oregon. We miss everyone back in California, but hope you enjoy keeping up with our adventures in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest.
3 comments:
BY SOMETHING "REDDISH" YOU DON'T SUPPOSE IT WAS HO-HO-YOU-KNOW-WHO? THE LIGHT SHOW LOOKS LIKE IT WAS WORTH ENDURING THE COLD. I WANT AN ORIGINAL FUZZY KNIT HAT BY KT.
Hmm, more like reddish and moist, juicy-looking. Hopefully not Kris Kringle!
Either way, I think Katie's comment of "maybe that's why they feed them at night" is most appropriate. :)
Post a Comment