Thursday, December 18, 2008
And the little one said...
Alton sleeps in his own room now, but in the morning he usually wakes up early (around 6 or so) and so I'll put him in our bed with me to nurse and *hopefully* fall back asleep for a little while. That's what happened this morning at 5:30a.m., when Andy got up to go to work, and Alton was in our bed alternately nursing and flopping around like a little fish trying to get comfortable. We kept changing positions for about an hour and a half and just as I was about to give up the ghost and get us both up for the day, he fell asleep. I stealthily slithered away from him and crunched myself on one side of the bed and also fell asleep for a little while. I woke up and tried to rearrange myself into a more comfortable position, but had to freeze again when Alton started wiggling in his sleep...from his side...to his back...to his stomach. He rolled pretty close to me and the contortion that I was in was no longer conducive to sleep, so instead I got up and made coffee and snapped this pic of the little man. With the whole big bed to himself, he reminds me of the Sesame Street "Five Bears in the Bed" song, where the little one keeps asking everyone to roll over until they all fall off the bed and then...he's lonely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When he wakes up at 6am, come put him in bed with Aunt Cari. She will snuggle him.
Ha! You wish he would snuggle. He hates to have covers on him, so he violently kicks those off. Then he uses me to pull himself up into a standing position and reconnoiter. Then he decides which way he's going to crawl to the edge of the bed, and tries to pull things off the nightstands and steal my glasses off my face, all the while going "baaaahhh" in such a cute way you can't resist (even though you are so tired!). But if Aunt Cari wants to party like that at 6am I will deliver baby to you and I will go back to sleep!
That is sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment