Thursday, November 12, 2009

El Diablo

Before Halloween, my mom was so sweet to send us a package containing one of my brother KC's old Halloween costumes. Remember the days when your mom would make your costumes? Our mom was a pro at it--wizards/witches, bees, ballerinas...and one particular year for which she made KC a little red devil hood and cape ensemble, complete with 3D horns on the top that were stuffed with batting to make them stand up. I think he might have worn a little red sleeper suit underneath, and definitely remember that he held a small red plastic pitchfork and had his upper-lip mustachioed with brown eye pencil. You will have to beg him to unearth the picture and scan it in for future blog posting. In the meantime, here is Alton wearing the cape that my mom sent up to us--we estimate that KC was about 4 years old when he wore it, so it's still a little big for Alton. (By the way, leaving the red eyes alone in these pictures was an artistic decision!)




2 comments:

Andy said...

Oh the irony of his shirt saying "All I need is love" in the second to last picture. HA! What a cutie!

Grammy and Granpa said...

He is too cute to be the devil, so I will think of Little Red Riding Hood's little brother ! I want to see a picture of KC in this costume!