Like many, I was very thankful today for my wonderful family, their sunny attitudes while we cooked good food, and for the fantastic meal that we shared. Unlike many, I had the additional pleasure of being thankful that I was one of the four people present at our Thanksgiving table who does NOT watch sports! None of us are fans...of anything. So happily, we spent Thanksgiving playing up a storm with Alton, including an impromptu band dance party with the instruments that Grammy and Grandpa brought up from their house to give to Alton. (Grammy and Alton dancing, Andy on drumsticks, Grandpa with the hittin' sticks, and the dogs, um, keep rhythm with their tails?)
The scene reminded me of one of my siblings' and my all-time favorite holiday movies: Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.

We blasted Alton's "Music Together" cd and impressed his grandparents with his hand-clappin' and jingle-bellin' prowess, and led the band in a rousing rendition of "The Crawfish Song" and "A Ram Sam Sam."
Then it was time for dinner! Alton patiently waits for everyone else to make it to the table (Under the water pitcher is his Turkey placemat! But we moved that distraction for the eating portion of the evening).
He apprehensively takes a bite of mashed potatoes...
...and the verdict is interesting.
I don't think they were what he expected.
Now the stuffing, however...
...is a very enjoyable dish!
But hardly compares, after all, to the apple pie. Happy Thanksgiving! Boggle, boggle!
P.S. The triple chocolate pumpkin pie wasn't too shabby, either.
3 comments:
Did the tryptophan knock him out?
Unfortunately not. It was right at the end of the day, so he did bath and bed just like normal.
Wow, he keeps getting cuter and cuter. :) I love the "boggle, boggle". Also, I might need the recipe to the chocolate pumpkin pie...sounds delicious!
Post a Comment