A small sneak preview of images from our family holiday portrait session are posted on our photographer's website. Scroll down her page a little bit to see our pictures! Jessica is a friend of ours from playgroup who is also a professional photographer, and her little girl is only two weeks older than Alton. We met Jessica at Plumper Tree Farms last Saturday morning at 9a.m. All week long at 9 o'clock each morning, I had been peering out of our windows or walking hurriedly to my car, covered in goosebumps, and hoping hard that Saturday would be a fine day with no rain. And every day, the sun shone brightly in the sky, glinting and glittering off of the...um, frost. And sometimes ice. Gulp. So it was no surprise that for our rustic outdoor portrait session, it was a day of glorious sun and about 35 degrees out. Why didn't I knit Alton's red Christmas vest from heavy fisherman's wool instead of luxuriant baby-fine yarn? Unfortunately, Alton's blue parka wasn't quite the Christmas card "look" we had in mind, so the three of us shucked off our coats and prepared to stamp around in the mud, smiling and looking as though we weren't losing feeling in our extremities. Alton was willing to play ball for a while, but eventually the guy who is constantly on the move and saying "I wanna walk!" was so frozen that he was giving Daddy a lower lip tremble and plaintively saying, "Up?" I bundled him inside my coat and let him thaw his chilly fingers around my neck--he deserved it! We had a fun time and can't wait to see the rest of Jessica's pictures.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Sneak Preview: Holiday Photos!
A small sneak preview of images from our family holiday portrait session are posted on our photographer's website. Scroll down her page a little bit to see our pictures! Jessica is a friend of ours from playgroup who is also a professional photographer, and her little girl is only two weeks older than Alton. We met Jessica at Plumper Tree Farms last Saturday morning at 9a.m. All week long at 9 o'clock each morning, I had been peering out of our windows or walking hurriedly to my car, covered in goosebumps, and hoping hard that Saturday would be a fine day with no rain. And every day, the sun shone brightly in the sky, glinting and glittering off of the...um, frost. And sometimes ice. Gulp. So it was no surprise that for our rustic outdoor portrait session, it was a day of glorious sun and about 35 degrees out. Why didn't I knit Alton's red Christmas vest from heavy fisherman's wool instead of luxuriant baby-fine yarn? Unfortunately, Alton's blue parka wasn't quite the Christmas card "look" we had in mind, so the three of us shucked off our coats and prepared to stamp around in the mud, smiling and looking as though we weren't losing feeling in our extremities. Alton was willing to play ball for a while, but eventually the guy who is constantly on the move and saying "I wanna walk!" was so frozen that he was giving Daddy a lower lip tremble and plaintively saying, "Up?" I bundled him inside my coat and let him thaw his chilly fingers around my neck--he deserved it! We had a fun time and can't wait to see the rest of Jessica's pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I looked at the fuller preview and all I can say is that Alton has mastered the "Blue Steel" look. Seriously, where do you find these talented photographer friends?
Post a Comment