Friday, April 23, 2010

Double Your Fun

Last weekend Zach was out of town, and Karen and I had a children's clothing sale that we really wanted to hit...which means that (Uncle) Andy was the Saturday morning nanny-in-residence for both Alton and Cousin *P. Although these two kids play together often, Andy had never before been the sole adult responsible for their care. Luckily for him, they share nicely, explore voraciously, and snack heartily without needing a lot of parent intervention, so he was able to grab the camera now and then to snap a few pictures. (Ha, ha. We know with Andy that it's never just "a few" pictures.)
Alton shows
*P how to pop a wheelie with the Tonka truck.

*P rings up groceries at the farmer's market.

Alton hops on his ride!

*P has a basketful of food for special delivery!

Alton wrestles the Tonka truck still while
*P inspects the chassis.

Here they are at the play kitchen. Alton barbecues while
*P checks out the contents of the oven.

Flipside!
*P sits at the picnic bench while Alton...microwaves a hot dog bun?

Peeking through the window...

...peek-a-boo!

The silly trio clowning around.

They chatted on the phone (to each other).

Popped the lid off a bucket 'o cars.

More silliness from Alton.

And from
*P.

The playroom at the worst of its multicolored plastic excesses.

The king and queen of the playroom survey their domain from a great height: the top of the slide.

Finally exhausted, their royal highnesses sit down to munch on some snacks.

And don't forget the sad little peasant at the castle drawbridge.

3 comments:

Andy said...

HEY! Poor peasant girl, nothing! We gave her corn.

Cari said...

I was just starting to think, "I have NEVER seen their playroom that toy-strewn, and then you posted the pic about it". I know I feel sorry for the peasant. Corn or not.

mamateapot said...

It looks like excellent fun! I'm sure Minerva only felt sad that her "raddy" didn't play with her as much as the little kids.